I was recently inspired to try out creating my own colored eyeliner using pigments. Jazziebabycakes has been posting more videos lately and I really loved her look she posted yesterday of a neutral eye look with bright royal blue eyeliner using Sugarpill pigment and mixing medium. Click here to see the video and instruction on how to achieve her look. This is my recreation using purple shadow.
This look requires very little in consideration of shadows because the eye is relatively neutrals, I used matte browns in the crease and then a shimmery cream on the lid. I then made my own “mixing medium” by combing glycerin and water (1 part glycerin to 3 parts water) and added the pigment to a little bit of the mixing medium so that it became a paste-like consistency. I used an angled tip eyeliner brush to apply the pigment (now paste) as an eyeliner and created a winged tip. I also applied some of the pigment on the lower lash line.
- Annabelle CC, natural finish (I’m really loving this!)
- Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation
- MAC Natural Skinfinish, medium-dark
- ELF bronzing duo (bronzer side) for contour and blush
- MAC Extra Dimension Skinfinish, Superb (highlight)
- Brows, NYC eye/brow liner, dark brown
- MAC paintpot, painterly
- Urban Decay Naked palette, Buck (crease)
- Two Faced Natural Eye Palette, Sexpresso (outer V)
- MAC Ricepaper, brow highlight
- MAC Extra Dimension Skinfinish, Superb (lid)
- Annabelle loose pigment, Spellbound (Discontinued but any pigment will work)
- Cover Girl Clump Crusher Mascara, black
- Rimmel Kate Moss Longlasting finish Matte lipstick, 103
Here is what the pigment looks like. This is also the same type of pigment that I’ve used in my green look and my pink valentine’s look. I never used these for a long time and I’m finally finding reasons to bring them into my makeup looks because they are so versatile and pretty. I love them! I plan on picking up some of their pigments that are currently a part of their permanent collection. If you live in Canada, I don’t think I need to reiterate now amazing Annabelle Cosmetics is!