I was recently inspired to try out creating my own colored eyeliner using pigments. Jazziebabycakes has been posting more videos lately and I really loved her look she posted yesterday of a neutral eye look with bright royal blue eyeliner using Sugarpill pigment and mixing medium. Click here to see the video and instruction on how to achieve her look. This is my recreation using purple shadow.
This look requires very little in consideration of shadows because the eye is relatively neutrals, I used matte browns in the crease and then a shimmery cream on the lid. I then made my own “mixing medium” by combing glycerin and water (1 part glycerin to 3 parts water) and added the pigment to a little bit of the mixing medium so that it became a paste-like consistency. I used an angled tip eyeliner brush to apply the pigment (now paste) as an eyeliner and created a winged tip. I also applied some of the pigment on the lower lash line.
- Annabelle CC, natural finish (I’m really loving this!)
- Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation
- MAC Natural Skinfinish, medium-dark
- ELF bronzing duo (bronzer side) for contour and blush
- MAC Extra Dimension Skinfinish, Superb (highlight)
- Brows, NYC eye/brow liner, dark brown
- MAC paintpot, painterly
- Urban Decay Naked palette, Buck (crease)
- Two Faced Natural Eye Palette, Sexpresso (outer V)
- MAC Ricepaper, brow highlight
- MAC Extra Dimension Skinfinish, Superb (lid)
- Annabelle loose pigment, Spellbound (Discontinued but any pigment will work)
- Cover Girl Clump Crusher Mascara, black
- Rimmel Kate Moss Longlasting finish Matte lipstick, 103
Here is what the pigment looks like. This is also the same type of pigment that I’ve used in my green look and my pink valentine’s look. I never used these for a long time and I’m finally finding reasons to bring them into my makeup looks because they are so versatile and pretty. I love them! I plan on picking up some of their pigments that are currently a part of their permanent collection. If you live in Canada, I don’t think I need to reiterate now amazing Annabelle Cosmetics is!
Well it’s Valentine’s Day and this would be a pretty good day to go all out with the pinks and reds and I think I went a little overboard with the pink. As you will see, I have pink on my eyes, cheeks, lips, dress and nails. Now, not all of us are celebrating today but I will be spending tonight with my loving boyfriend, likely having dinner and then going to a movie. Pink is very versatile and very feminine so this could be used for a night out or dinner or just for fun! So here’s my look:
- Annabelle CC, natural finish
- Revlon colourstay, normal/dry in 006
- Maybelline Instant Rewind Dark Circle Eraser, medium
- Annabelle CC pressed powder, medium-dark
- CoverFX, BronzeFX in bronze
- MAC blush, Dollymix
- MAC Extra Dimension skinfinish, Superb
- MAC paintpot, Painterly
- NYX jumbo eye pencil, Milk (lid)
- Urban Decay Vice Palette, Noise (crease and outer lower lash line), Vice (outer V, very blended with Noise), and Echo beach (brow highlight)
- Annabelle loose pigment, Golden Pink (lid, pressed ontop of Milk, blended into Noise)
- MAC eyeshadow, Crystal Avalanche (inner corner, inner lower lash line, blended with Noise)
- Makeup Forever Aqua Eyes eye pencil, black (tightline, waterline)
- Maybelline Eye Studio long-lasting gel liner, blackest black (top lash line)
- Cover Girl Clump Crusher mascara, black
- MAC Love Forever!
- Urban Decay Super-Saturated High Gloss lip colour, Lovechild
You can always use a more neutral colour lip if the pink is too much, I just wanted to go all out and I love the colour I got when I mixed the MAC and UD colours together.
This is the dress I’m wearing today, I don’t have a full-length mirror to take a picture of it but I’ll post a picture of what it looks like on a model. I’ve had this dress for maybe 2 years and I think I always wear it on Valentine’s Day because of the hearts and it’s so cute! I’m wearing it with black tights and knee-length, flat leather boots.
Here are my nails, I actually did them earlier this week and I really love how they turned out. I used OPI Pink Friday (Nicki Minaj collection) as a base and the glitter is Revlon Sparkling. I did a similar nail look last week using a mint base and silver glitter.
Went to Shoppers Drug Mart today (aka Pharmaprix here in Quebec) and purchased these two bad boys. I’ve heard a lot of good things about both the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation and the new Annabelle CC colour contour instant perfecting base so I figured I would try them out! The Rimmel foundation was $12.99 and the CC cream was $17.49 but there was a $2.00 coupon on the counter where it was on display. I will be posting again soon after trying out these products in a couple of days!