Here’s yet another Face Of The Day post! I’m gonna have to start posting some more reviews or first impressions because I think it’s getting a little repetitive with all these FOTDs. Anyways, tonight I’m heading out to the last night of Igloofest here in Montreal. If you don’t know what Igloofest is, it’s basically a really crazy outdoor dance party that is held for 3 days a week for 4 weeks and each day there is a features set of DJs and everyone dances outside for about 3-4 hours. It sounds crazy but if you show up dressed up properly and really warm (think extra socks and long johns under your pants) dancing all night should keep you from freezing. It’s a really fun way to spend a Thursday, Friday or Saturday night!
So, I’m going to Igloofest and I wanted to do something a little more dramatic and fun (even though no one can see my makeup in the dark, but if I get any flash pictures taken then I’m sure it will look good! Here’s my look:
All the colours on the lid are from the Urban Decay Vice palette. I got this palette a little before Christmas and I haven’t really had a chance to experiment with all the colours. I love the palette a lot but there are a couple of shadows that have quite a bit of fallout but all the colours are gorgeous and I anticipate playing around with them a lot more in the future.
Please excuse my unkempt upper brow area. I only notice these stray hairs when I take photos with flash.
- Annabelle CC, natural finish
- Revlon Colorstay foundation
- Maybelline Instant Rewind Dark Circle Eraser, medium
- Annabelle CC pressed powder, Medium-Dark
- Revlon cream blush, 200
- MAC Dollymix
- CoverFX BronzeFX, bronze
- Marcelle pink highlighter, “Because I’m a girl”
- MAC paintpot, Painterly
- NYX Jumbo eyepencil in Strawberry Milk
- UD Vice Palette: Freebird on lid, Vice in the crease and Noise blended ontop of Vice on the crease as well and Echo Beach as highlight.
- Annabelle eyeliner in Fiesta on the lower lash line
- Annabelle smudgeliner in Chichi Girl on top of Fiesta (blended)
- Maybelline Eyestudio long lasting gel eyeliner in blackest black on top lash line.
- Makeup Forever Aqua Eyes in black to tightline and waterline.
- Cover Girl Clump Crusher mascara
- Rimmel Vinyl Max lipgloss in Goddess. (my lips look pink because I had tried other lip colours before choosing just a peachy gloss)
Now here’s a creepy picture of my face, trying to be weird/cute/I’m not sure.
I was having a hard time picking what lip color to wear with this eye look and I was experimenting with a darker look using MAC Rebel and Viva Glam Nicki. I liked this photo so I included it but I felt that the look was already pretty eye heavy and the dark lip was a bit too much.